Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Finding Nemo



Ok, I know I said that How to Train Your Dragon started it all, but my friend Aiyani's request for a Finding Nemo recipe also sort of started it all...again...

Learning new things is very motivating for me. And solving puzzles. For the most part, my recipes probably won't look all fancy pants with carmel drizzles and gobs of candy. It's about the flavor.

When she asked me for a Finding Nemo recipe my brain was stumped. EVERYTHING IS A FISH! Technically, sea life... but fishy in flavor. You get the idea.

So since you can only go so far with sushi and popcorn my thought was to look into Australian cuisine, the movie taking place there and all.

I found this: http://www.dining-downunder.com/

Snazzy....

I saw a lot of lemon myrtle and alpine pepper and so.... I cheated. A bit. Can you blame me? I am not going to have access to those seasonings in a very immediate way. I have a halloween deadline and a baby due any time in the next three weeks. It's basically lemon and pepper. Bam. 

Oh and one has to use seaweed. It IS the ocean.

(As a side note, my friend wanted savory but if you're not feeling the savory, a "sweet" option would be to incorporate the influence of the Wattleseed, a native Australian flavor that is coffee, chocolate and hazelnut-ish according to Chef Cherikoff http://www.slideshare.net/cherikoff/flavors-of-australia)



42 Wallaby Way Sydney Popcorn
1/2 c. popcorn
3 T canola oil
1 tsp Braggs Sea Kelp Delight Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
Spritz of Grapeseed Oil (Optional)

Directions
Add the oil and popcorn kernels to a heavy 3- to 4-quart saucepan with a lid. Shake the pan to coat the kernels with oil. The kernels should cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer.

Cover the pan and place it over medium high heat. When the corn begins to pop, lift it slightly from the heat and shake the pan every so often (does not have to be continuous), holding the lid in place, until the popping begins to slow, about 3 to 4 minutes.

Pour into bowl. Spritz and season to taste. 

1 comment:

  1. I love YOU MORE NOW. hahaha. I can't wait to try this and ALL of your recipes. I look forward to being introduced to movies and fun flavored popcorns. It's an extravaganza!!! WWWEEEEEEEEEEE

    -Aiyani

    ReplyDelete