Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Captain America: The First Avenger



I love Cap. Not gonna lie. He is my favorite Avenger and my hubby loves to tease me that this is because I can relate to him. What can I say, I am dangerously close to a lawful good alignment, I am all about truth and justice.

This was going to just be a post for the release of The Winter Solider, as suggestion from my SIL, but a bunch of communism jokes later (you had to be there) and I decided there needed to be two recipes: one for Cap and one for Bucky. Lucky for me there are two movies! Problem solved.

Cap is all American and, as the saying goes, what's more American than apple pie? Apparently, the first Avenger agrees with me because when I researched his favorite food, it turns out it's apple pie. No kidding! This was trivia given in the original comic book release back in the 1940's, the one with Cap punching out Hitler. Classic.

Wave Hi! to Bucky there in the background :-)


Captain America's Apple Pie Popcorn
1/2 c. popcorn
3 T coconut oil
3 T caramel
1/2 c. dried apple, diced
1/16 tsp cinnamon
1/16 tsp nutmeg
1/16 tsp salt

Directions

Add the oil and popcorn kernels to a heavy 3- to 4-quart saucepan with a lid. Shake the pan to coat the kernels with oil. The kernels should cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer.

Cover the pan and place it over medium high heat. When the corn begins to pop, lift it slightly from the heat and shake the pan every so often (does not have to be continuous), holding the lid in place, until the popping begins to slow, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into bowl or bag big enough to toss further ingredients.

Heat caramel sauce in microwave until melted, about 15-30 seconds. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to caramel and stir to mix. Add diced dried apple to popcorn. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and apples, stir to coat. (Place bowl in refrigerator or freezer to harden carmel faster, if you wish)

No comments:

Post a Comment