Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Netflix Binge-Night Dessert Popcorn

A dear friend of mine needed some cheering up so I offered to make her a popcorn recipe, her choice. She wanted a dessert. Initially, I got all technical and fancy but, as complicated things often can, it went south. I over salted and nothing I did could fix it. Frustrated and now low on certain ingredients, I forlornly dipped the popcorn into the syrup I'd made and then dipped it into a tub of cool whip, just to see if it would cut that dang saltiness. It did! But not enough. However, all was not a lost!! A new idea popped (ha ha) into my head.

What....
if.....

I tried the idea. It was simple. It was super delicious. And maybe I only thought it was super delicious because of that thrill that comes from salvaging a terrible attempt but I was pretty sure it was, in fact, super delicious and I felt like a flippin' genius.

Once my friend tried it and confirmed "This. Is. De. Lish. Ous." I figured the world might just need to know. I mean, maybe it's already out there, but I googled it on my phone and after about 5 seconds of looking I didn't see anything like it so I'm pretty sure it's a relatively unique thing.

So here it goes. Ready to have your mind blown?



Netflix Binge-Night Dessert Popcorn
(Netflix not required)

3 T coconut oil
1/2 c. popcorn kernels
Cool Whip/whipped cream
Chocolate Syrup
Caramel Syrup
(I'm not giving you directive on the amount of those last three, thats up to you and you'll see why in the directions.)

Directions
For the popcorn, add the oil and popcorn kernels to a heavy 3- to 4-quart saucepan with a lid. Shake the pan to coat the kernels with oil. The kernels should cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer.

Cover the pan and place it over medium high heat. When the corn begins to pop, lift it slightly from the heat and shake the pan every so often (does not have to be continuous), holding the lid in place, until the popping begins to slow, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into bowl and set aside.

Using a small bowl (i recommend doing this in small increments, to avoid sogginess), spoon a dollup of cool whip or whipped cream as you would a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle chocolate and/or caramel as desired. Sprinkle popcorn on top, I recommend doing the same measurement of the cool whip/whipped cream, so a 1:1 ratio, at a time. Mix together or dig in, whichever! Revel in the tastiness. Realize that I am pretty genius.

(I know, it's been a while but I've been moving a house with a baby so sorry not sorry lol I have some recipes I'm tinkering with stay tuned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment